Our Booking Terms, Hire Terms, Risk Waiver and Code of Conduct exist to ensure your enjoyment and safety when undertaking a Gravelmob ride.
Before you ride
All riders must complete and sign the Gravelmob Risk Waiver & Code of Conduct. This will be completed when you arrive at Gravelmob HQ.
Before you hire
All riders who hire a Gravelmob bike or equipment must complete and sign the Gravelmob Bike and Equipment Hire Terms and Conditions. This will be completed when you arrive at Gravelmob HQ.
Gravelmob requires that you have your own personal accident and liability insurance when you participate in a ride with us. You will be required to provide evidence of your personal accident and liability insurance before you set out on a Gravelmob ride.
If you don’t already have insurance
Personal cycling accident and liability insurance is a great idea for whenever you hop on your bike, not just on Gravelmob rides. We can help you arrange this in a cost-effective way through Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA), for either $10 (day pass) or $69 + club fee (annual membership).
Please check the MTBA website and their Product Disclosure Statement for full cover information and to make your own decision about your insurance.
Our Code of Conduct
When participating in any Gravelmob ride we expect the following from you:
- You must act in a responsible way that is respectful of:
- The Gravelmob Guides, staff and third-party service providers;
- Other cyclists, pedestrians and road users;
- Gravelmob bikes and other equipment; and
- The landscape, flora and fauna around you.
- If you are on a guided ride, you agree to comply with the directions of the Gravelmob guide at all times.
- Gravelmob routes pass through areas of public and private land, national park and state forest. You must act in a way that is respectful of the landholders and land managers and comply with all reasonable written notices or other directions provided by landholders or land managers.
- You must not participate in any Gravelmob ride or use Gravelmob bikes or equipment if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Cancellations and Refunds
The geographical region in which Gravelmob operates can experience adverse weather events such as electrical storms, snowfall, extreme heat, high winds and heavy rain. The region is exposed to high bushfire risk during the warmer months.
Gravelmob takes safety seriously and reserves the right to cancel activities in the event of:
- Declared total fire ban or severe fire danger rating (or higher) in the North East Fire District; and/or
- Forecast temperature of 38 degrees or above during the proposed activity.
Gravelmob is a small business and in rare situations it is possible that due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances our guides may not be able to lead a Guided Ride.
Any of these events may occur at short notice. If this happens Gravelmob will contact you as soon as possible to notify you of the situation and seek to reschedule your booking to a different date. If a new date cannot be mutually agreed, Gravelmob will cancel your booking and give you a full refund.
Unforeseen circumstances can happen to you, too. If you are unable to fulfil your booking, the following refund policies apply. Any decision to refund, not refund or postpone a booking is entirely Gravelmob’s.
Prior to 24hrs before Period of Booking or Hire: You may contact Gravelmob up to 48 hours before your booking date to postpone your booking to a different date. If a new date cannot be mutually agreed, Gravelmob will cancel your booking and give you a 50% refund.
24hrs or less before Period of Booking or Hire: You may contact Gravelmob to attempt to postpone your booking to a different date, but if a new date cannot be mutually agreed then your booking will be cancelled and no refund given.
Guided Ride group bookings: You may contact Gravelmob as above, but no part-refunds will be made to individual riders in your group who cancel.